The president of the United States of America, Donald Trump was heavily crticised after he suggested that disinfectants and detergents be used to treat coronavirus patients.
His suggestion was described as “stupid and insensitive” since the disinfectants and detergents can cause fatal event. “Injecting bleach or highly concentrated rubbing alcohol causes massive organ damage and the blood cells in the body to basically burst,” Dr. Diane P. Calello said.
According to the. New York Times, Trump’s suggestion came about when William N. Bryan, an acting under secretary for science at the Department of Homeland Security, detailed the virus’s possible susceptibility to bleach and alcohol.
After’s the scientist’s presentation, Trump took to the stand and said:
“And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute,”
“One minute,” the president said. “And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning? Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it would be interesting to check that.”
This caused a massive uproar in America where manufacturers of disinfectants and detergents such as Clorox and Lysol have quickly issued out strong warning to it customers to desist from injecting or drinking any of it products to kill the virus since it could lead to death.