Dr Dre: 7 Things You Should Know About Brain Aneurysm. Rapper and legendary music producer, Dr Dre, on Tuesday, was hospitalized with a possible brain aneurysm.
The rapper has, however, issued a statement revealing that he is doing great and would be back home soon.
Here are seven things you should know about brain aneurysm:
1. Brain aneurysm is a weak area or a bulge that forms in the blood vessel of the brain.
2. Brain aneurysms are common, but most are asymptomatic and are found at autopsy.
3. Aneurysms can leak or rupture causing symptoms such as severe headache to stroke-like symptoms and even death.
4. Certain diseases increase the risk of having brain aneurysm, like high blood pressure, diabetes, kidney disease, atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries).
5. Lifestyle choices like excess alcohol intake, tobacco, and illicit drug use can increase the risk of the disease.
6. While large, irregular aneurysms are more likely to burst, smaller ones may not even need treatment.
7. According to NHS, brain aneurysms can develop in anyone at any age but are more common in people over the age of 40.