#EndSARS: Five Things You Should Know About SWAT
The Inspector General of Police, Mohammed on Sunday disbanded the Special Anti-Robbery Squad and on Tuesday, he announced that the Special Weapons and Tactics Team will replace SARS.
Below are some of the things you should know about the team:
1. SWAT operatives will tackle cases of armed robbery and other violent crimes.
2. The potential SWAT operatives are to commence training at the different Police tactical training institutions nationwide, next week.
3. Prospective members of this new team will undergo a psychological and medical examination.
4. The medical examination will be carried out by the newly set-up Police Counselling and Support Unit (PCSU).
5. Former SARS operatives will not be part of the new SWAT.
#SWAT #disbanded #SARS #punchnewspapers