1. Our attention has been drawn to misleading and false media reports claiming that @GovernorObaseki has agreed to provide grazing land for herders in the state.
2. Our position on the matter of grazing land is clear and has not shifted, which is that there is no free land for grazing in Edo. Grazing is an economic activity just like poultry and piggery or any other agric enterprise. Govt will not cede any land in the state for grazing.
3. I have continually warned against the politicizing of security issues.
Some political actors are trying to instigate the type of killings witnessed in some states in the country just because they are embittered by the heavy loss they suffered in the political space.
4. Thankfully, their plans have failed because of the pre-emptive actions taken by Governor Obaseki and the security agencies.
We condemn, in the strongest terms, the current futile efforts by these defeated politicians in the state to cause mayhem and chaos among our people.
5. All peace-loving people of Edo State are enjoined to dedicate this Lenten period to pray for peace at this difficult time in the life of our dear country.