Two killed as hoodlums attack Ondo monarch’s palace Persons have been confirmed killed after unidentified gunmen attacked the traditional ruler of Isinigbo in Akure North Local Government Area, Oba Samuel Fadahunsi.
The deceased persons were identified as a driver of the monarch and one of his brothers.
Oba Fadahunsi who is said to be 100 years old, according to witnesses was trapped in the inferno but was rescued after the gunmen were chased away.
The monarch was said to have been hospitalised after the gunmen suspected to have been hired assassins attacked his palace and set it ablaze.
Police spokesman, Mr.Tee-Leo Ikoro, who confirmed the killings said the brother of the monarch was shot dead while the driver was burnt alive inside one of the cars in the palace.
Ikoro said normalcy has been restored to the community.
Isinigbo and neighbouring Ude community have been at war over the sale of the disputed land.
Last week, youths from Isinigbo protesting the destruction of their houses stormed the palace of the traditional ruler of Ude, Sunday Boboye, the Ajagun of Ude, and set it ablaze.
Oba Boboye fled for safety and another attack was reportedly carried out on him when he returned following which he scaled the fence to escape being killed.
Meanwhile, the state government has imposed a 24-hour curfew on the two warring communities in Akure North local government area.
Violent clashes between both communities have led to killings and burning of the palaces of both traditional rulers.
The curfew, according to a statement by Ondo Commissioner for Information and Orientation, Donald Ojogo, was to take effect immediately.
Ojogo said a massive manhunt had commenced for perpetrators of the violence.
He said investigations have unravelled the real cause(s) of the same.
“With respect to the curfew, security agencies have been directed to ensure total compliance with the order. For emphasis, both Ode and Isinigbo communities have been closed down for any unauthorised human movement and activity until further notice.”